I hope this message finds you in the best of health and spirits. The following information is in anticipation of resuming public Masses at St. Damien Parish. We anticipate that Masses will be allowed to resume the weekend of June 6th and 7th, 2020 in accordance with the following directives from Bishop Sullivan.
- Those who are sick are encouraged to stay home. The Bishop has extended the dispensation from the obligation to attend Mass for all the faithful throughout this initial reopening phase. The Mass schedule for weekend Masses is posted on our website.
- Mass attendance will be limited to 25 percent of the capacity of the three churches. The front entrance will be the single entrance to each church. The two side exits will be the only exits from each church.
- A six-foot separation must be maintained within the churches and on the sidewalk leading up to the main entrances. Face coverings will be required.
- Holy Communion will be distributed after Mass. When coming forward to receive Communion, the faithful should remove their face covering and are encouraged to receive communion in the hand.
I thank you for all the support you have given to our parish over these past couple of months. I am looking forward to our reunion at the table of our Lord. Until we meet again, may the Lord bless you and keep you safe. My prayers and love are with you.
And if you could be so kind, please share this information with others.
God bless you.
– Father Michael P. Rush, Pastor of Saint Damien Parish